kill_after

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Fri Feb 22 15:09:36 CET 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Fredrik Linder wrote:

Fredrik> Are there any plans on adding erlang:exit_after(Time, Pid, Reason), in the
Fredrik> same fashion as erlang:send_after/3 and erlang:start_timer/3?
Fredrik>
Fredrik> I would prefer using them instead of the timer module.

This reminds me on a couple of useful functions in megaco_monitor,
that would be nice to have as blinding fast BIF's:

  apply_after(M, F, A, Time) -> Ref
  cancel_apply_after(Ref) -> ok | {error, Reason}

  apply_at_exit(M, F, A, Pid) -> Ref
  cancel_apply_at_exit(Ref) -> ok | {error, Reason}

/Håkan