erlang comment spotted on slashdot

Hal Snyder hal@REDACTED
Thu Feb 14 18:00:34 CET 2002

Rick Pettit <rpettit@REDACTED> writes:

>>   Erlang Virus Propagation System (Score:3, Interesting)
>>   by Anonymous Coward on 14/02/02 1:35 (#3004254)

Hoping this is an example of there being no such thing as bad
publicity.

> Fortunately this guy has not yet even begun playing with the
> language (I know, I went to school with and now share an apartment
> with him).

Please keep him away from sharp objects (and OTP) as he would probably
hurt himself.

Ad OTP. It seems there are three or more separate initiatives to
upgrade inets to HTTP-1.1 plus various other fixes/features.
Any hints yet as to what is going to happen to the official OTP
release?

I confess I've refrained from downloading the daily builds - busy
writing to last October's R8 and hoping for a changelog to surface at
the download site...