Q: Supervision and Magically Reincarnated Processes

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Mon Dec 16 21:39:01 CET 2002

Bruce,

You need to do the following in your init/1 function:

	process_flag(trap_exit, true)

Normally the {'EXIT', Pid, Reason} message is handled for you but after
setting this you will receive it in your handle_info/2 call back.  You
can do cleanup/reporting and return {stop,Reason,NewState}.  Now terminate/2
will be called.  Afterwards the supervisor will start it up again.

	-Vance