Section numbering using xmerl:export

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Thu Aug 29 12:09:06 CEST 2002

Hi,

I don't know about the xmerl details, but I think it might be risky to rely
on a implementation dependent feature... Of course, this depends on your
application's use.

The safe way would be going through the tree and numbering the nodes along
the path. I have written a small routine that will traverse a xml tree and
call a fun with every node. I think it might help you too (or others).

best regards,
Vlad

%%% File    : xmerl_util.erl
%%% Author  :  <Vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED>
%%% Description :
%%% Created : 14 Aug 2002 by  <Vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED>

-module(xmerl_util).
-export([traverse/2]).
-include("xmerl.hrl").

%% convert an xml doc into another
%%
%% Fun should return a xmlXXX record, or a list of such records

traverse(#xmlElement{content=C}=E, Fun) ->
    C1 = lists:flatten(traverse(C, Fun)),
    Fun(E#xmlElement{content=C1});
traverse(List, Fun) when list(List) ->
    AFun = fun(E) -> traverse(E, Fun) end,