Building R8B-2 as a 64-bit application on sparcv9

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Tue Aug 27 06:25:13 CEST 2002

Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> writes:
> Has anyone built Erlang/OTP as a 64-bit application on the sparcv9?
>
> I need at least the erl_interface libraries to be built as 64-bit
> as it is not possible to link 32-bit libraries with 64-bit libraries.
> I have device driver API libraries which are, necessarily, 64-bit.

We are as a first step doing an unoptimized port of Erlang/OTP to
64-bits but don't know how much will be ready when we release R9 in
October. You can follow the progress in the P9 snapshots, some builds
will be very broken for 64 bits, others will work quite well (a large
part of the emulator test suites succeeds). We use gcc 3.1.1, sparcv9
and Solaris 8 for the daily build and test of the 64 bit Erlang/OTP.

I don't think we have looked into erl_interface and 64 bits yet,

kent