page templates

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed Aug 14 13:50:06 CEST 2002

>From: "Mickael Remond" <mickael.remond@REDACTED>
> >Is there anyone else working
> >on this at the moment? It
> >would be useful to
> >share experience and/or
> >work.
>
>Here is what I did before going on vacation. I did implement simple ept as
>a module to generate Erlang code from a page template.  I think this is the
>way to go for performance reason.

I begun another way, using xmerl to parse the template and then go through
it, executing the TAL statements. For Edoc I am not really affected by the
performance problem, but it is possible to compile a template into an Erlang
module containing its parsed XML tree...

I think it would be interesting to look at your ideas, I can send you my
code too if you want to browse it during your vacation.

best regards,
Vlad