Erlang language issues

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Thu Apr 18 22:19:24 CEST 2002

Richard Carlsson wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Bengt Kleberg wrote:
>

>>>After some initial attempts at inventing new delimiters, all of which
>>>had subtle problems, we came to the conclusion that the normal C comment
>>>delimiters /* ... */ were probably the best choice.
>>
>>will they nest? (unlike c)
>

> Yes.

The trouble with blocked comments is that it can become very difficult
to see if a section of code has been commented out.  Especially if it a
large block extending over one "page", which is generally when you use
them.  Yes I know you can have convetions like beginning each commented
out line with a specific character, for example '*' in C-style comments
but if you are going to do that then you might a well use ine comments.

That is why I have been against block comments.  If they are so great
why were line comments added to C++?

Robert