Problems with starting/stopping applications

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Tue Apr 16 02:19:07 CEST 2002

Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> writes:
> $ erl -run application start sasl
> Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.1.1 [source]
>
> Eshell V5.1.1  (abort with ^G)
> 1> application:which_applications().
> [{stdlib,"ERTS  CXC 138 10","1.10.1"},{kernel,"ERTS  CXC 138 10","2.7.2"}]
>
> The SASL application doesn't show up in the list.  Did this work in
> previous releases?

No it did not. And I think the call at the command line with -run and -s
is the same as

  application:start(["sasl"])
  application:start([sasl])

that is supposed to fail. We just don't see the error beause the call
doesn't raise an exception, it just returns the value
{error,{bad_application,[hej]}}. Maybe it should raise an exception
when the argument isn't an atom.

This is all guesses, I haven't looked close at this,

kent