The update R8B-1 is released

Per Bergqvist per@REDACTED
Sun Apr 14 04:15:16 CEST 2002

Attached is small patch to make it build properly under RedHat 7.2.
In addtion to corrections the patch fix support for current (i.e.
0.9.4 and later) openssl releases. (Nobody should use releases older
than 0.9.6 anyway).

Apply with patch -p0 from $ERL_TOP.

There are still some warnings in erl_sl_alloc.c.

beam/erl_sl_alloc.c:2077: warning: operation on `list' may be
undefined
beam/erl_sl_alloc.c:2078: warning: operation on `list' may be
undefined
beam/erl_sl_alloc.c:2079: warning: operation on `list' may be
undefined
.
.
.

Is there any way to avoid those warnings ?

/Per

> Bug fix release     : otp_src_R8B-1
> Build from snapshot : 20020412
>
> This is a bug fix release R8B-1. You can download the full source
> distribution or the patch that take R8B-0 up to R8B-1.
>
>   http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R8B-1.tar.gz
>   http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R8B-0to1.patch.gz
>
> The bug fixes and improvements in this release is described in the
> release notes
>
>     http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R8B-1.readme
>
> If you have access to the Ericsson intranet you can find the same
files at

>   http://erlang.ericsson.se/opensource/download/
>
> To patch the previos release "otp_src_R8B-0" you use a patch program
> that understand the "unified" patch format and do
>
>   % cd otp_src_R8B-X
>   % gzip -dc /location/of/patch/file/otp_src_R8B-0to1.patch.gz |
patch -p1

> For installation instructions please read the README that is part of
> the distribution.
>
> There is no support for building a Windows version from source.
> The Windows binary distribution can be downloaded from
>
>   http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win32_R8B-1.exe
>
> The documentation at http://www.erlang.org will be updated. You can
> also download the complete HTML documentation or the Unix manual
files

>   http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_html_R8B-1.tar.gz
>   http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_man_R8B-1.tar.gz
>
> For some OTP applications there are more detailed release notes in
the
> HTML documentation.
>
> We also want to thank those that sent us patches, suggestions and
bug
> reports,
>
> The OTP Team

Per Bergqvist