system limits

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Apr 2 10:44:24 CEST 2002

Hi folks,

* I have a question about the 32000 processes limit. Sometimes I get an
error message stating that this limit has been reached (it's not easily
reproducible) even if there should not be more than 8-9000 processes
around... I wonder if there might be some obscure condition that might raise
this error message but the problem actually lies elsewhere.

To be more exact, I wonder if it might be a similar condition with the limit
concerning the number of ets tables: one gets a "system limit reached" when
one creates a named ets table and then tries to create a mnesia table with
the same name.

* And I would also like to ask again a question that I didn't get an answer
before: the number of interconnected nodes limit. Does the 256 nodes limit
refer to "simultaneously connected nodes"? Also, is it a limit for the total
number of nodes present in the network, or for the number of nodes that one
noce can be connected to?

Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Vlad