EUC2001: Usage of OTP's design principles in instant messaging services

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Tue Sep 25 00:07:05 CEST 2001

For those of you who will  not make it to the Erlang User Conference
this year, I put the paper Mickael Remond and I contributed online. It
describes a prototype of an instant messaging server written in pure
Erlang, and how its migration to a scalable product (up to 10,000
simultaneous users) using OTP took place. We wrote this paper so as to
point out the need and advantages of OTP in Erlang product development
to companies / individuals without in-house Erlang/OTP expertise, hoping
they will not make the same mistakes, and instead take full advantage of
OTP from the start. It will hopefully be a starting point for a
discussion on how OTP design patterns and principles can be marketed
better to people experimenting and developing with Erlang.

The URL is http://www.erlang-consulting.com/euc2001/index.htm

You will find both the paper and the slides (HTML). If you can not make
it on Thursday, feel free to email me any questions.

Enjoy..
Francesco
--
http://www.erlang-consulting.com