Using UNIX sockets with Erlang

Jérôme Marant jerome.marant@REDACTED
Tue Sep 18 23:46:33 CEST 2001

Sean Hinde <Sean.Hinde@REDACTED> writes:

> There is a driver for UNIX domain sockets in the examples directory of the
> kernel application. I would guess it should basically work but I've never
> tested it or used it, and I'm pretty certain Ericsson don't test it
> regularly..

  Well, when grepping within the latest sources, I found something like
  what you mentioned. However, it would be better to make it standard
  in order to avoid its inclusion in every source code that requires
  UNIX sockets.

  BTW, how do you use drivers?

> There are some (incomplete) docs about it at:
> http://www.erlang.org/doc/r7b/erts-5.0.1/doc/html/alt_dist.html#3

  It's like nothing was written about it ;-)

  Thanks.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome@REDACTED>
              <jerome.marant@REDACTED>