memory instanity (solved by raimo's patch)

matthias@REDACTED matthias@REDACTED
Sat Sep 15 09:33:00 CEST 2001

Hi,

FYI: Not surprisingly, Raimo's patch made the test case I posted
     behave ok. I then cross compiled and ran my application on
     our PPC860 board overnight and the bloat is clearly gone.

It took me two weeks (wall time) of testing to realise that our
'mystery crashes in the middle of the night' were due to a memory
problem, and two full days to isolate it and write an "obviously
correct, obviously failing" test case.

Within an hour of me posting the test case, Raimo posted a
patch. Impressive.

Matthias