R8B PRE-RELEASES

pekka@REDACTED pekka@REDACTED
Mon Sep 3 20:11:04 CEST 2001

vad skiljer de kommersiella varianterna numera?

http://www.erlang.org/download/prereleases/otp_src_P8A-20010902-SNAPSHOT.tar
.gz

    OpenSource pre-release. Should compile and run on most Unix and
    Linux platforms including Apple OS X.

http://www.erlang.org/download/prereleases/otp_doc_html_P8A-20010903-SNAPSHO
T.tar.gz

    HTML documentation and Unix man pages.

We will distribute pre-releases for Windows and Linux x86 soon.

We didn't plan to create commercial pre-release for other platforms
but let us know if you want to test commercial versions for VxWorks
CPU32, VxWorks PPC860, VxWorks PPC603 or Linux PPC605.

Some notes

  The graphical debugger is known to be broken.

  The HTML documentation links to 'ic', 'jinterface' and 'orber'
  are known to be broken. The Unix man pages for 'sofs' and 'xref'
  can't be reached with "erl -man <module-name>".

  The HIPE (High-Performance Erlang) native code compiler for Sparc is
  integrated into the OpenSource release. You can find more
  information about HIPE at "http://www.csd.uu.se/projects/hipe/".

  Solaris binary commercial pre-releases are packed using Solaris TAR,
  all others are packed using GNU TAR.

  All applications have the build date as the version number.

Please send problem reports to <erlang-questions@REDACTED>. If you
are a paying customer you can alternatively send the problem reports
to <support@REDACTED>,

The OTP Team