driver_send_term question.

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Tue Oct 30 12:36:19 CET 2001

> My question is about the argument of driver_send_term
> (to send result of a driver to another process) and
> his second argument (receiver) :

If you want to return the message to the same process that called the driver
(not necessarily the port owner) you can retrieve this using:

ErlDriverTerm driver_caller(ErlDrvPort port)

It's documented in the erts Ref manual in the erl_drver section.

> My driver works but I had to make a not really nice "cut/paste"
> of the macro "make_pid" from erl_term.h (and the order of
> the arguments of this macro is different from the order
> displayed by the pid of a process.)
>
> So is there a better way to do that ?

If you want to send it to some other arbritrary process I'm not sure there's
a standard way.

Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: