process pools?

Julian Assange proff@REDACTED
Mon Oct 8 21:31:41 CEST 2001

Two questions:

        1) Is there an erlang http client around anywhere? There's
           Joe Armstrong's www_tools, but it's very primitive. I'm
           looking for something like curl.haxx.se/libcurl, which
           has API's for a wide number of languages, not including
           erlang. In particular something which supports HTTP
           persistance / pipling. Any decent erlang www spider
           should have these features.

        2) What is the best method to implement worker threads? i.e
           I'd like a pool of processes (one for each outbound
           socket), which listen on the same message queue for
           requests -- the first free process reads gets the
           message.

Cheers,
Julian.

--
 Julian Assange        |If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people
 proff@REDACTED          |work, but rather teach them to long for the endless
 proff@REDACTED  |immensity of the sea. -- Antoine de Saint Exupery