Unix Signal Handling in Erlang and ODBC memory leaks.

per@REDACTED per@REDACTED
Thu Oct 4 00:29:13 CEST 2001

"Martin J. Logan" <martin@REDACTED> wrote:
>    Does anyone have any examples of unix signal handling in erlang. I would like
>to make a loadbalancer that I have written respond to sighup.

Not exactly an example, but you could have a look at:

http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200108/msg00089.html

There is no provision for handling signals in Erlang "itself", i.e. you
will need to use a driver - or a port program of course, might actually
be a better idea. Also for the driver case, the emulator has its own
handler for a number of signals, and interfering with that will probably
have "interesting" results - but SIGHUP should be OK I believe.

--Per Hedeland
per@REDACTED