Reading terms from a file.

Happi happi@REDACTED
Wed Nov 21 18:45:32 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin J. Logan" <martin@REDACTED>
> Hello,
>     Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to read erlang
> terms from a file.

Why not try
 file:consult(Filename)

Quoting the documentation:
  Opens file Filename and reads all the Erlang terms in it. Returns one of
the following:

    {ok, TermList}
    The file was successfully read.

    {error, Atom}
    An error occurred when opening the file or reading it. The Atom is a
Posix error code. See the description of open/2 for a list of typical error
codes.

    {error, {Line, Mod, Term}}
    An error occurred when interpreting the Erlang terms in the file. Use
the format_error/1 function to convert the three-element tuple to an English
description of the error.

/Erik