Sequential trace in match specification problems..

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Tue Nov 13 11:26:13 CET 2001

Hello everyone,
I am having problems with sequential tokens. (For those of
you who have never used them, take a look at them as it is
an excellent addition to the trace capabilities which came
out with R7). I have been getting problems/strange
behaviours when I try to set tokens in the shell. The major
problem, however, seems to set trace tokens with match
specifications. The match specification is triggered, (I
have printed stuff out, valid trace tokens included), but
the trace tokens are not associated with the tokens.

sequence:start() spawns three processes, and registers
them. When process a receieves a start message, it sends a
message to b and c, which in turn send a message to a.
sequence:start_tracer() receives messages and prints them
out. I have played around with the syntax, but to no avail.
Nor have I found any documentatins on restrictions. Help
anyone?

Thanks!
Francesco

--
2> sequential:start_tracer().
false
3> dbg:p(new, [c,m]).
{ok,[{matched,0}]}
4> (<0.37.0>) <0.20.0> ! {io_request,<0.37.0>,
                                  <0.20.0>,
                                  {get_until,
                                      {format,"~w> ",[4]},
                                      erl_scan,
                                      tokens,
                                      [1]}}
4> sequential:start().
(<0.37.0>) << {io_reply,<0.20.0>,
                        {ok,[{atom,1,sequential},
                             {':',1},
                             {atom,1,start},
                             {'(',1},
                             {')',1},
                             {dot,1}],
                            2}}
(<0.37.0>) << timeout
true
5> (<0.42.0>) <0.20.0> ! {io_request,<0.42.0>,
                                  <0.20.0>,
                                  {get_until,
                                      {format,"~w> ",[5]},
                                      erl_scan,
                                      tokens,
                                      [1]}}
5> a ! start.
(<0.42.0>) << {io_reply,<0.20.0>,
                        {ok,[{atom,1,a},{'!',1},
{atom,1,start},{dot,1}],2}}
(<0.42.0>) << timeout
start
(<0.41.0>) << start
6> (<0.41.0>) b ! start
6> (<0.40.0>) << start
6> (<0.40.0>) c ! init
6> (<0.39.0>) << init
6> (<0.40.0>) d ! init
6> (<0.38.0>) << init
6> (<0.39.0>) a ! ok
6> (<0.41.0>) << ok
6> (<0.38.0>) a ! ok
6> (<0.41.0>) << ok
6> (<0.43.0>) <0.20.0> ! {io_request,<0.43.0>,
                                  <0.20.0>,
                                  {get_until,
                                      {format,"~w> ",[6]},
                                      erl_scan,