I/O from binaries

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu@REDACTED
Tue Nov 6 09:49:11 CET 2001

>Yes, there are both strengths and weaknesess with inheritance. An example
>of
>its strength does Chris' give an sample of in his discussion, and an
>example
>of its weaknesses is huge class-tree structures (that are hard to
>maintain).

I am thinking in the same paths as Chris, so I think it's a good idea :-)

Yes, I think it looks like OO, but at the same time it isn't. It is more
like the COM framework, where there are interfaces for objects to implement.
The main difference compared to inheritance is that the structure is flat,
avoiding the above named weakness. Of course, one could build a deep
hierarchy, but the natural way is to use a flat one.

Whether this interface definition should use "behaviour" or another name (to
avoid misunderstandings) is a question of taste, but I use it in my programs
and it should be nice to have a compile-time check enabled.

regards,
Vlad