ANNOUNCE: escript

Bengt Tillman bengt.tillman@REDACTED
Fri Mar 23 17:29:32 CET 2001

Joe Armstrong wrote:

>   Hello everybody,
>
>   Robert and I have made a scripting interface to erlang. This is a
> simple one pass "load and go" Erlang scripting interface - so now you can
> use Erlang directly as a scripting language and won't need all this
> "erl -noshell -pa ...." stuff :-)
>
>  Read all about it on:
>
>  http://www.bluetail.com/~joe/escript.html
>
>  Have fun.
>
>   /Joe
Thank you. I like it very much - and it solved a script-hacking
problem I just faced ;-)

I had to do one small fix (add -sasl errlog_type error)
to get the generated escript script work to my liking:

#!/bin/sh
erl -sasl errlog_type error -pa
/home/epkbeti/cvscheckout/netsimbase/bin/escript-1.0 -noshell -s escript
go $0 $*

Bengt Tillman
Ericsson Radio Systems AB    Tele:  +46 13 284131
Box 1248                           FAX:   +46 13 212928
S-581 12 Linköping  SWEDEN         mailto:bengt.tillman@REDACTED
TSS Product info: http://www.lmera.ericsson.se/tss/