Possible ideas to increase mnesia performance

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Thu Mar 22 18:04:05 CET 2001

Hi,

I stumbled across this paper on work done on PostrgeSQL which has ideas
potentially useful for mnesia:

http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~kemme/papers/vldb00.html

As I understand it the idea is to use an underlying message passing
mechanism which ensures global ordering of asynchronous messages called
"Group Communication". This looks to be easily implementable on top of the
existing Erlang mechanisms.

This is used to propogate committed records to other nodes in one block
rather than write by write while maintaining transaction ordering (and some
other good stuf to do with locking...etc). It claims to remove the problems
of commiting large volumes of complex transactions to many nodes.

Maybe of interest?

- Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: