Fun with Erlang (was Re: Stand Alone Erlang for Windows. yet again)

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Tue Mar 20 09:58:15 CET 2001

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Sean Hinde wrote:

>If you were happy with only rpc you could consider my recent contrib
>to erlang.org. This provides node to node rpc independently from the
>normal Erlang distribution mechanisms. You can restrict which
>functions can be called, and only allow access from people who have
>a valid shared secret. It may do the job..
>
>- Sean

Yes, then using net_kernel:allow/1 to bar the erlang clients from
connecting with distributed Erlang, as a safety measure.

Another difficulty with using distributed Erlang in clients, of
course, is that it will not go quietly through firewalls.

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Senior System Architect                      mob: +46 70 519 81 95