Fun with Erlang (was Re: Stand Alone Erlang for Windows. yet again)

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Sat Mar 17 01:07:42 CET 2001

Chris Pressey wrote:
> Well, it seems as if you have two processes here (one for the logic, one
> for the object-state), while I don't see why you need more than one
> process (which can handle both logic and object-state.)

Wait, I think I get it now.

In Erlang 'tis generally better to have two processes with infinite
timeouts (interrupt model) than one process with finite timeouts
(polling model.)

:-)

_chris

--
"Ten short days ago all I could look forward to was a dead-end job as a
engineer.  Now I have a promising future and make really big Zorkmids."