Stand Alone Erlang for Windows. yet again

James Hague jamesh@REDACTED
Thu Mar 15 19:09:13 CET 2001

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, James Hague wrote:
> [snip]
> > Yes, I'm outside the usual realm of Erlang here!  I've been
> using Erlang as
> > kind of a fast, well-maintained alternative to Prolog. If
> you look around,
> > there are zero good and free Prologs available.  The
> commercial ones tend to
> > cost $1600 and up--per user--for a commercial license.
>
> AFAICT, both these claims are false. I.e.,t here are many
> good and free
> Prologs available (e.g., SWI-Prolog,
> 	http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/) and many of the
> commercial one's are reasonably priced.

Somehow I missed SWI.  I will look it at it. Thank you for the pointer!

My opinion was formed by going through the Prolog implementation FAQ and
looking at the available products.  Considering how many implementations are
listed there, it is surprising how many are either very expensive or very
crusty feeling.  That's a personal opinion, of course :)

James