Strategy for logging errors containing binaries?

Alexis Le-Quoc alexis@REDACTED
Wed Mar 14 20:20:07 CET 2001

I've recently ran into runtime crashes, caused by an exception in a
process, whose state contained large binaries (several MBs large). The
standard error_logger seems to choke when trying to pretty print the
state of the crasher and it eventually ends up with a crash dump.

I could put catch clauses wherever needed but this approach seems to
contradict the supervisor philosophy of letting the process crash and
restart it. Should I think of using a different error_logger? I like the
standard one though.

Cheers,

--
Alexis Le-Quoc