Erlang Efficiency quesitons

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Wed Mar 14 19:47:55 CET 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, James Hague wrote:

>> I also know that higher-order functions are very efficient now. This
>> also means that old warnings about list comprehensions are no longer
>> quite as valid.
>
>Does that only apply to list comprehensions? It seems, from doing some
>timings, that just writing raw Erlang to process a list is still
>significantly faster than doing a map or fold, for example.

The significance depends on what your function does with the list
elements. Let's say that it's considerably less significantly faster
than it used to be.  ;-)

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Senior System Architect                      mob: +46 70 519 81 95