New mnesia events

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi Chandrashekhar.Mullaparthi@REDACTED
Fri Mar 9 11:42:25 CET 2001

I think it will be useful if mnesia could issue the following events.

{table_created, Table}
{table_deleted, Table}
{table_available, Table} - This would be like an asynchronous version of
mnesia:wait_for_tables(Tables, Timeout). Right now, I have some very big
tables and a process which uses them doesn't know when they will be
available. But it can't wait forever in mnesia:wait_for_tables - the way to
do it now would be to have a timer to periodically check if the required
table is available. Would be easier if my process could just subscribe for
an event.

The first two would be useful in a case where tables are created/deleted
dynamically in an application. The way to do it now would be to use
mnesia:report_event - but it would be nice to have a standard way of knowing
when a table has been created/deleted.

The table event {delete, {Tab, Key}, ActivityId} is not issued for each key
when a table is deleted - which is sensible - but {table_deleted, Table}
would nicely fill the gap.

cheers,
Chandru

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: