Erlang Development Environment

David Gould davidg@REDACTED
Thu Mar 8 22:14:53 CET 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 12:06:27PM -0000, Sean Hinde wrote:
> And I quite like it's simplicity.. We looked again at clearcase but didn't
> have a vacancy for the full time clearcase adminstrator..

I have ranted before about clearcase. So I will confine myself to a small
word of advice when someone says they want to use it:

   Run Away!  Flee! Save yourself!

> Maybe it is time to move to RCS though :)

If you meant CVS, I would say yes. This should be pretty easy.

Another option is Perforce. It is commercial software, but pretty good
for all that and has some really nice features that make it a little more
friendly than CVS for some tasks.

> > Mostly historical reasons. It started off with just Sean
> > hacking away in the
> > dark ages and suddenly we have so much code under RCS now and
> > none of us
> > have the time to try anything new!

If you know how to work with RCS, you are 50% of the way to CVS anyway.

-dg

--
David Gould                davidg@REDACTED               510 536 1443