Erlang Development Environment

David Gould davidg@REDACTED
Wed Mar 7 20:49:01 CET 2001

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 04:30:13PM +0100, Ulf Wiger wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi wrote:
>
> >We use RCS. I tried to customise CCviewer but gave up very fast :)
> >Can we do a RCSViewer too?!
>
> Sure, why not!
> I have nothing else to do. (:

You get lucky here, CVS uses RCS to store its files. So if it can work
for RCS, it will also mostly work for CVS. Of course, CVS adds another
layer of features, so there might be more capability in CVS mode.

Oh, Chandru, why do you use RCS instead of CVS? Just curious. I use RCS alone
when I play sysadmin, so if I mess up configuring something, I have a
fallback plan, and also to document changes made to a system. But for
software development, CVS seems much nicer unless you have only a few files.

> Seriously, though, I think the hard part is making it work on any
> other environment than ClearCase. If we get it to work for CVS, it
> probably mainly involves restructuring the code specific to the
> version control system, and writing some document explaining how an
> adaption is done.

There is also cscope which does some of what people are asking for here,
perhaps it could be adapted.

-dg

--
David Gould                davidg@REDACTED               510 536 1443