Erlang Development Environment

Erik Johansson happi@REDACTED
Wed Mar 7 10:20:37 CET 2001

"David Gould" <davidg@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 04:19:03PM +0100, Erik.Johansson wrote:
> > HiPE -- Comming soon to an OTP implementation near you.
> Oooooh Oooh Ooh, I can hardly wait. But, what is happening with the x86
> version? I have not seen any updates on the hipe page for a while.

No, we are working full time on the system and have no time to update the
webpage ;)

Current status is (unofficially and approximately):
 HiPE is closing in on a final BETA version (for UltraSPARC) and will
 hopefully be released as an *unsupported* addition to OTP R8. (No promises
yet.)
 There will be some important aspects missing in this release such as
automatic
 purging of old native code.
 We are working on the X86 port in parallel and we hope it will be released
this summer.
 (Possibly with much luck there will be an alpha version ready for R8, but
don't bet on it.)

/Erik