Erlang Development Environment

Andi Kleen ak@REDACTED
Mon Mar 5 18:00:04 CET 2001

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 04:25:15PM -0000, Sean Hinde wrote:
> I've read a number of suggestions for a better Erlang Development
> Environment than emacs.. It certainly seems we are falling behind some other
> languages in terms of support environment. (OCaml, Clean, Python etc).

Could you describe what you think is wrong with the emacs environment ?

> It would be a large (!) project but maybe quite a few of the parts are
> already out there (so to speak).

As far as I can see they are either already in emacs or could be implemented
there without too much work. If you want some inspiration see integrated
emacs based development environments for some other languages, like the
Franz Lisp emacs interface or the GNU Ada Emacs mode or the JDE Java
environment.

They are all nicely integrated with cross reference tools, provide easy
access to interpreters, integration with debuggers and all kinds of other
things.

> Thoughts anyone?

I think you're trying to reinvent the wheel ;)

> NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER:
> This email (including attachments) is confidential.  If you have received

Interesting.

-Andi