MC68000 port

David Gould davidg@REDACTED
Mon Mar 5 13:44:43 CET 2001

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 10:57:44AM +0100, Mickael Remond wrote:
> David Gould (davidg@REDACTED) wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 10:20:32PM +0100, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> > I think it might be a lot more interesting to port it to Strongarm, then
> > it could run under Linux on the iPaq and similar hardware.
>
> We will soon start working on such a port. We are working with Linux on an
> iPaq computer.
> If people are interested, they can contact us to share our experience
> and to work together on the Erlang port.

Yes, I am quite interested. I have not bought a iPaq yet, because I cannot
get a blank one without WinCE in the roms, and I refuse to be counted as a
WinCE sale. But, maybe there is some other Linux friendly strongarm pda,
or perhaps, maybe I can call in some favors to get one for this project.

> I expect the port to be straightforward from what I understand of the
> Linux iPaq port.

Yes indeed. As far as I know, it is "pretty much Linux".

-dg

--
David Gould                davidg@REDACTED               510 536 1443