snmp traps and snmp_mgr

Adrian John Cahill cahill@REDACTED
Thu Mar 1 17:10:36 CET 2001

Hi ,
    I am trying to receive snmp traps using an erlang application. I
have tried using the snmp_mgr:expect( id, any) function, this returns
ok, for most of my requests, but when a trap is fired, the following is
displayed in my 'erl interpreter'

** exited: {snmp_packet_got_other,{udp,
                                      #Port<0.37>,
                                      {143,239,159,221},
                                      1070,
                                      [48,
                                       65,
                                       2,
                                       1,
                                       1,
                                       4,
                                       6,
                                       112,
                                       117,
                                       98,
                                       108,
                                       105,
                                       99,
                                       167,
                                       52,
                                       2,
                                       1,
                                       2,
                                       2,
                                       1,

Could someone shed some light on this??  Is this the trap, as i can see
no correllation between this, and what should have been sent back ?? So
is it an error message??

Am i not creating the trap correctly ?. I am creating the trap in a Java
program / Agent .

Tia Adrian