ODBC issues

Martin Logan martin@REDACTED
Thu Jun 28 22:11:05 CEST 2001

I am currently writing a proxy that uses ODBC modules. I have all of the
necessary components for ODBC installed on a slackware linux machine.  I
am however getting some strange behavior from when I try to start the
ODBC processes from within the shell. Below is the output from the shell
when I try to start the server.

(martin@REDACTED)5> {ok, _Pid} = odbc:start_link({local, odbc1}, [], []).
** exited: {noproc,{gen_server,call,
                               [odbc_sup,
                                {start_child,

[{local,odbc1},[{client,<0.46.0>}],[]]},
                                infinity]}} **

After executing the above command the ODBC module apears to be in the
system as I can type "o" and tab and I see that odbc is one  of the
options that is available. If anyone knows of an explanation for this
please let me know.

                    Thanks,
                    Martin Logan
                    Software Engineer, Vail Systems.