Erlang ODBC install

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Mon Jun 25 19:52:40 CEST 2001

> Martin Logan wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >     I am currently writing a proxy and a load balancer in
> erlang on linux
> > and free-bsd boxes. I have to make an odbc connection to an
> Oracle db. I am
> > having a bit of trouble installing the odbc libraries from the
> > otp_src_R7B-3. If anyone on this list has done this or
> knows how to do this
> > any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

As I understand it you need two things to get odbc working. You need a odbc
driver manager which comes as standard with most linux distros (I don't know
about free-bsd), and you need the driver itself.

I've had it working using the postrgre-sql driver towards postgre-sql on
linux by pretty much following the docs (though they are what might be
called a bit thin :)

As far as I am aware there is no free or open source odbc driver for Oracle.
There is talk of one at easysoft.org but apparently the developer has left.
One nice one is the Intersolv one (as tested by Ericsson) but it is very
expensive..

I'll try to have a look at exactly what I did to get it working when I get
back to my Linux machine.

- Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: