random number generation

Robert Virding rv@REDACTED
Wed Jun 6 11:25:10 CEST 2001

The seed to the random number generator actually consists of three
(positive) numbers.  These can be set to the default values using
seed/0 and to specific numbers using seed/3.  Both functions return
the current seed.

There is no specific meaning the A1, A2, and A3 parameters, they are
just three numbers which together make the seed.  If you want to
(re-)initialise a processes' seed to set (different) values then
you must use seed/3.

        Robert