shared memory in Erlang

Karel Van Oudheusden voudheus@REDACTED
Tue Jan 30 21:12:44 CET 2001

Hello,

Are there Erlang compilers that support shared memory between processes?

I do not really understand how database applications or network
applications can be implemented in Erlang efficiently without some kind
of form of shared memory.  Only providing message passing does not seem
to be a good choice for these kind of applications.

Comparing Java with Erlang, I must conclude that Erlang is my first
choice except for this very important memory issue!

I would really appreciate a thorough answer or some links to this topic
if possible.

thank you in advance,
KVO.