dynamically linked drivers

Garry Hodgson garry@REDACTED
Tue Jan 16 18:05:14 CET 2001

Ulf Wiger wrote:

> No, you don't have to recompile Erlang to link in a driver.
> The documentation on drivers hasn't really kept up with current
> events.

wonderful.  i'd kind of figured this was the case, given how well
thought out the rest of erlang is.

> Still, if you can do with a normal port, you can save yourself the
> headache of debugging pointer errors in your own driver code.

bugs?  in *my* code?  not bloody likely! :-)

thanks very much for the rapid and helpful response.
i'm looking forward to using this.  i've been looking
for an excuse to use erlang for some time now.

--
Garry Hodgson                   Once in a while
Senior Hacker                   you can get shown the light