Abstract forms

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Tue Jan 16 11:40:53 CET 2001

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

> However, there is a problem: if I try to compile a function with guards, I
> get an error from the compiler saying "illegal guard expression". It works
> fine to compile it as usual... Any idea why?

Not sure. Do you mean guards that you have constructed yourself, or guards
as found in the beam file?

> Then there is a more general observation: it's not at all easy to
> navigate the abstract forms in order to make changes... compared to
> Lisp, anyway, because there everything is a list, here the structure
> is heterogenous...

Yes, that's a big bother. You could look at my syntax_tools package under
http://www.erlang.org/user.html - it makes the "abstract form" look like a
homogeneous syntax tree structure.

	/Richard

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)