long names not working on Windows 2000

Raimo Niskanen raimo@REDACTED
Thu Jan 11 08:46:05 CET 2001

Unfortunately, I am not familiar to Windows 2000, but i can give you
some info about how it is supposed to work on Windows NT. Since Windows
2000 is not explicitly handled by Erlang, it regards the OS to be NT or
other Windows. You can try "os:type()" to see which.

Erlang reads the domain from the registry, where the TCP/IP protocol
stack should have put the information. You can try regedit (on NT) and
find the key:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Domain
which should contain the domain name. On other Windows it is supposed to
be:
	\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Vxd\Mstcp\Domain

For this key to be present, the TCP/IP protocol stack must be correctly
configured. Find the icon "Network Neighbourhood", right click ->
"Properties" -> "Protocols" -> "TCP/IP" -> "Properties" -> "DNS" check
the box "Domain". Also check the level in parallel to "DNS" called "IP
Address" to be fixed address.

I hope this can put you on the track of the problem.

/ Raimo Niskanen, Ericsson UAB, Erlang/OTP