supervisor:restart_child/2

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Fri Feb 23 14:12:47 CET 2001

Here's a question I know you've all been losing sleep over:

When I call

supervisor:terminate_child(ThisSuper, ThatChild),
supervisor:restart_child(ThisSuper, ThatChild).

Then the supervisor doesn't count this towards the restart
frequency. That is, I can do this forever, and the supervisor will
never escalate.

Is this by accident, or is it deliberate? If deliberate, what is the
reasoning behind it?

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Senior System Architect                      mob: +46 70 519 81 95