Error "mnemosyne query, missing transformation"

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Fri Feb 9 07:58:45 CET 2001

I've run across an error compiling Mnemosyne queries that I don't
understand.

My code looks like this:

  -record(product,
  {
    id          = 0,
    name        = "",
    description = "",
  }).
  mnesia:create_schema([node()]),
  mnesia:start(),
  mnesia:create_table(product,
    [{attributes, record_info(fields, product)}]),
  F = fun() ->
        mnemosyne:eval(query [P.name ||
	                       P <- table(product),
	                       P.name = ProductName
	                     ] end)
      end,
  {atomic, T} = mnesia:transaction(F),

When trying to compile this I get the rather unhelpful error message
"mnemosyne query, missing transformation" (on the line containing the
keyword 'query') for which I can find no more detailed description.
(Which surprises me a bit, because this is essentially the example query
given in the Mnesia documentation.)

I'm using the otp_win32_R7B-0.exe release.  This can't possibly be a
bug, but I can't think of what I've overlooked in phrasing this query.

Thanks in advance...

_chris

--
Change rules.