snmp: subagent varbinds []

Adrian John Cahill cahill@REDACTED
Thu Feb 8 14:37:41 CET 2001

HI,

    I am getting a generror() everytime i try to set a value in my MIB.
I have looked through the snmp:trace ,
   The set operation: succeedes at pahse_one
      then passes the consistency check
   I cannot see wether or not it passes the phase two:

** SNMP MASTER-AGENT SETLIB TRACE: consistency check: done
** SNMP MASTER-AGENT SET TRACE: set phase two:
   MyVarbinds:       [{ivarbind,noError,
                                {me,[1,3,6,1,3,7,2],
                                    variable,
                                    myName,
                                    {asn1_type,
                                        'OCTET STRING',
                                        0,
                                        255,
                                        [],
                                        true,
                                        'DisplayString',
                                        false},
                                    'read-write',
                                    {ex1,my_name,[]},
                                    false,
                                    undefined,
                                    undefined},
                                {varbind,
                                    [1,3,6,1,3,7,2,0],
                                    'OCTET STRING',
                                    "Ado",
                                    1}}]
   SubagentVarbinds: []
** SNMP MASTER-AGENT SETLIB LOG:
   apply: ex1,my_name,[set,"Ado"]

** SNMP MASTER-AGENT SETLIB LOG:
   returned: {'EXIT',{undef,[{ex1,my_name,[set,"Ado"]},
                             {snmp_set_lib,dbg_apply,3},
                             {snmp_set_lib,set_value_to_var_mibentry,2},

                             {snmp_set_lib,try_set,1},
                             {snmp_set,set_phase_two,2},
                             {snmp_agent,process_pdu,4},
                             {snmp_agent,handle_pdu,7},
                             {snmp_agent,handle_info,2}|
                             more]}}

It  says the SubagentVarbinds are empty, which is what i would have
thought they should be , BUT in the snmp_set.erl file i saw the

%%% 1. SET REQUEST
%%%
%%% 1) Perform set_phase_one for all own vars
%%% 2) Perform set_phase_one for all SAs
%%%    IF nok THEN 2.1 ELSE 3
%%% 2.1) Perform set_phase_two(undo) for all SAs that have performed
%%%      set_phase_one.
%%% 3) Perform set_phase_two for all own vars
%%% 4) Perform set_phase_two(set) for all SAs
%%%    IF nok THEN 4.1 ELSE 5
%%% 4.1) Perform set_phase_two(undo) for all SAs that have performed
%%%      set_phase_one but not set_phase_two(set).
%%% 5) noError           wing comment:

It looks like step 2.1 is being executed ???

Am i reading this right??  if so has anyone got any suggestions as to
how i should go about rectifying this problem.

tia Adrian