code:priv_dir()

Bengt Kleberg eleberg@REDACTED
Thu Dec 6 11:47:27 CET 2001

> From: "Vance Shipley" <vances@REDACTED>

> Personally I don't see anything wrong with the description,
> it's just semantics.  I read "path" as the code path which as
> you relate is implemented in a code_names table.  This however
> is one of those "you're not supposed to know that" things ala
> the recent discussion of records.  If you read "path" as in
> $PATH, or something else, you would indeed get the wrong idea.

> > >	priv_dir(Name) -> PrivDir | {error, What}
> > >
> > >	This function returns the current priv directory for the
> > >	Name[-*] directory. The current path is searched for a
> > >	directory named .../Name-* (the -* suffix is optional for

The major problem is that "path" is a list of directories where Erlang modules
can be found.
code:get_priv() looks at those directories (possibly minus the [-*]
bit) and it _also_ looks at those directories _minus_ a trailing /ebin.
Which I did _not_ manage to understand by reading the manual.

Interfaces should not cheat.

bengt