emfile error

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi Chandrashekhar.Mullaparthi@REDACTED
Mon Dec 3 23:57:18 CET 2001

I dont know how to avoid this limitation. We frequently come across this
problem but in a different way. Sometimes Java clients setup lot of
connections and leave it to the garbage collector to clear the connections.
This is very slow in Java and the server runs out of file descriptors. And
mnesia crashes!!! The way we get around this is to limit the number of
connections from each host, increases the number of file descriptors per
process using the ulimit command on UNIX. It'll be interesting to hear
possible solutions.

Chandru

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: