writing a simple function

Matthias.Lang@REDACTED Matthias.Lang@REDACTED
Mon Sep 11 15:38:58 CEST 2000

Hi,

It sounds like doing the online course would help. You can find it,
and some other suggestions, at

   http://www.erlang.org/starting.html

Matthias

------------------------------

To directly answer your question, here's a program which prints
'hello' 1000 times by calling the 'fwrite' function in the module
'hello' 1000 times, after importing it:

	-module(time).
	-export([go/0]).
	-import(io, [fwrite/1]).

	go() ->
	        Start = time(),
	        loop(1000),
	        {Start, time()}.

	loop(0) ->
	        done;
	loop(N) ->
	        fwrite("hello"),
	        loop(N-1).

It returns the start and finish times. On my machine they differ by
about a second.