GS application

Simon Bennett simonb@REDACTED
Wed Oct 25 10:50:52 CEST 2000

Hi

Firstly, the process is terminating as soon as it has run your
internal() function, so you don't get to see any output.  Change the
last line to end with a comma and add a line on the end like:
loop(Win).

Then add a function that waits for an event.  The simplest is something
like:

loop(Win) ->
        receive
	{gs,Win,destroy,_Data,_Arg} ->

	    bye
	end.

However, you want it to respond to events, handle them and carry on, so
you will need to write additional receive clauses which do what you want
and then call loop(Win) again.

Secondly, there is a problem with your draw_line statement.  Comment it
out and you'll see the window.  One of the problems with GS is getting
at error information from the TK back-end.  Generally, if you get the
syntax wrong, you get nothing.

I think that to draw a line you need a canvas.  You then need to use
gs:line(...) or gs:create(line,...) and pass that the variable holding
the reference to the canvas.  draw_line looks like it might be a
function that someone has written, but I don't think it's part of GS.

Good luck

Simon