Windows build

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu@REDACTED
Wed Oct 18 16:04:22 CEST 2000

After hitting many times my head against the walls, I managed to compile almost everything. There weren't many things to fix, but I'm unused to this kind of build, being a slave to the IDEs... :-)

The sizes of the executables don't match the release sizes, but I can run simple stuff in the shell !

What doesn't work, and I can't figure why (partly because I'm very hungry :-)

- erlsrv.exe doesn't build. Under Gygwin, Nmake just says "don't know how to make", but if running from NT directly, it says " cycle in dependency tree"... strange....

- the libraries don't build. It seems that the makefiles don't get the needed environment. For example EMULATOR is empty and make reports "no rule to make target" if defining it as 'beam'

- the start scripts don't build. "pa" is not found - probably SASL_PATH gets screwed up somehow

Can someone hint me in the right direction?

I will try again some other day and will send back the adjustments to the build files then.

regards
Vlad