what OS support is needed?

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Mon Oct 16 09:12:26 CEST 2000

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

>While waiting for the port (thanks, Sean - how can I help?), I am
>wondering what are the minimal OS capabilities needed for running a
>minimal Erlang?
>
>A memory manager is needed, a file system for the code module and a
>TCP/IP stack an associated stuff for communicating. But further than
>that?

Actually, you don't need a file system, as long as you can talk to an
erlang node on a machine that does have a file system; then you can
load code over the network. Mnesia can also operate in diskless mode.
See erl -man erl, specifically the flags '-loader' and '-hosts'.

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Network Architecture & Product Strategies    mob: +46 70 519 81 95